CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Share Your Bread Recipes

I just got a bread maker – as I have mentioned. I love it. So now I am making homemade bread all the time in place of store bought sandwich bread. My bread maker’s recipe for wheat bread was too dense and wheaty, if you know what I mean. So I modified it and wanted to share. This makes a 2lb loaf of wheat bread that tastes like honey wheat store bought bread.
1 2/3 cups water (75-85 degrees F)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 1/3 cups wheat flour
2 1/3 cups bread flour
3 teaspoons bread machine yeast (just quick rise yeast)
Add ingredients in order listed. Make small indent in flour and add yeast. Do not let yeast come in contact with liquid ingredients. Bake on 2lb wheat bread setting in your machine.

If you have a bread machine recipe that you love, please share. I also have a delicious French bread recipe, but I am sure it is probably a fairly common one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment