CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Peek of Spring





So the sun was out for a few days last week and now I am seeing people in capris and sandals. A bit ambitious (not that I don't love flip flops but it is still in the 40's people). Anyway, we played out with the neighbors for a few hours one day and I snapped a couple shots of Marcus and his first time on the grass. (And yes that is my dandelion ridden lawn.. I have some work ahead of me)



With my New Year's Resolution to be more domestic and to serve God by putting my priorities in order, I have found some new and wonderful things. The first being that I started making homemade bread in my new breadmaker that I have been wanting for months. It saves money and is delicious. Actually my entire daily routine has changed. I have made a schedule and a journal. I will have to post a blog about it later because I am digressing. Another thing that I have been blessed to do is take up sewing. I tried knitting (I desperately wanted a hobby - I had none!) but that is not for me. Very frustrating - so if you can knit you have my respect. A friend of mine offered me a sewing machine, it runs perfectly. So, with spring on the way I decided to do some gardening with Landon. And for my garden I wanted an apron.

My first sewing project turned out to be so much fun that I anticipate the next time my sewing machine and I get to be together again (we are having an affair). With the busyness of life it is far less often than I would like that I get to spend time with my new friend.
Our tomatoes, carrots and snap peas are growing in their planters for now and when the weather lightens we will go and transplant them into our little garden. I have never gardened before, so hopefully my thumb is naturally a little green (my fingers are crossed for Landon's sake).

0 comments:

Post a Comment