CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm addicted to Blogahol...

That’s right, I’m a blogaholic! I’m also a big nerd. What you Angelina? NO! Yes it is true and this why. So like I have maybe 4 people who ever comment on my blogs, so that is 4 (myspace) readers that I know of. That’s alright, I do not really blog for a following, but to share what I find exciting! Which may seem unexciting since it is taking care of my kids and my home. I just wanted to share why this excites me and why I blog about it.
If you have known me for any amount of time and have been to my home prior to the beginning of this year you know that I was a TERRIBLE housekeeper. I remember for Landon’s first birthday my mom flew in for a visit and surprised me. My friend Andrea picked her up from the airport and brought her over. Andrea said she thought about calling to give me a chance to tidy up, but didn’t want to ruin the surprise. When she got to my house it was beyond scary!!! I AM SO SERIOUS! I CAN STILL PICTURE IT AND HOW EMBARRASSED I WAS. Here was my mom, the one who kept such a tidy home and really encouraged me (and forced me at times) to clean up, and she saw how I forced my family to really live. In filth. First let me say, I was sleeping in the middle of the day when she arrived. There were T.V. trays out with the dinner still on them from the night before. Laundry was all over the living room floor and all over the rest of the house. Dirty diapers were laying everywhere that I changed Landon. Toys were all over, the floor had not been swept or mopped in weeks (maybe months). Dishes were in the sink and covering the kitchen counter. None of the beds were made. The bathroom was filthy.. need I go on? I know you are thinking.. yuck! What a disgusting person, who would make her family live like that? Why was her house so messy, she had one kid and no job? I do not have the answers for you other than; I was being a horrible steward of what God had given me.
I tried to blame my husband for as much of the mess as I could, believing HE WAS LAZY and didn’t help me. Was it Jeff’s fault, certainly not. It was all mine. My same friend, Andrea, was a great homemaker. Her house was decorated beautifully and always clean. She would invite us over on the spot and we would walk into her clean and welcoming home. She would make us dinner and made entertaining us seem effortless and made us feel like welcomed family. I envied that but had no idea how to achieve it. I made up excuses for everything. Sometimes I would spend hours on the phone complaining about it. Ha ha.. instead of cleaning up!
Alright, so fast forward to about 18 months ago. Still a sick housekeeper, but not AS bad as before. I could have the house company ready in a matter of hours instead of days, but did all of my work grudgingly and looked at the rest of my family as mess makers and things that stood in the way of completing my domestic duties. (Yes this was my attitude and I was a Christain!) So then I started reading my friend Angel’s blog (check her out if you haven’t). She made homemaking seem like fun! It was her passion. Not just keeping her home, but serving and loving her husband and children. She sparked my interest and at first I thought she was bit nutty and radical! Who puts their husband first like that, who homeschools their kids, and cooks and cleans and loves it all!?! I had never met a woman like that. So I started asking questions, but still no changes… more scoffing on my end I think. I felt like, no normal person is like this!
Then God opened my eyes! That was how the foundations had been laid. Mom, Andrea, Angel. So as I realized I needed a change, I was encouraged to read A WOMAN AFTER GOD’S OWN HEART. It changed me. And since then my new focus has become my passion. I plan to post a follow up blog on this. Just wanted to share, I don’t want to seem like I am trying to say that I have it all together, just that I am learning and loving every minute of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous

OMG your kids are gorgeous! they have beautiful eyes :)

Melissa Ringstaff

Angelina,

I really enjoyed reading your testimony! God bless you in your efforts.

Post a Comment