CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Cooking

“She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family…”
Proverbs 31: 15(a)

Well, I won’t lie and say that I wake while it is still dark, especially in the summers here, that would be VERY early. But I have been waking up and preparing healthy and filling meals for my family every morning. Again, this is all part of my desire to serve the Lord by serving my family. I am not into organic foods or totally eradicating all junk food (although we don’t purchase any – we may find ourselves eating out more than we like), I just want my family to eat healthily. I have found that menu planning all 3 meals a day has given me a purpose in my kitchen. Each week I make a menu that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
This is what my menu looks like for this week
Monday:
B) Homemade quiche
L) Grilled cheese sandwiches
D) Chili and Cornbread
Tuesday:
B) Cereal (We have church these mornings and it is too hectic to cook)
L) Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
D) Brats and baked beans
Wednesday
B) Old Fashioned Oatmeal
L) Deli Style Sandwiches
D) Cheeseburgers and potatoes
Thursday
B) Breakfast Casserole
L) Hot ham and cheese sandwiches
D) Pork Chops and Broccoli
Friday
B) French Toast and Sausage
L) Deli Style Sandwiches
D) Mushroom Chicken and Corn on the Cob
Saturday
B) Old Fashioned Oatmeal
L) Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
D) Leftovers (I have a dinner to attend for some friends so won’t be home to cook)
Sunday
B) Pancakes and Sausage (Jeff cooks breakfast on Sundays)
L) Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
D) Pot Roast and Mashed Potatoes

Having the menu for a week or two in advance saves money and manages my time.
Okay and the entire point of this blog was to share a yummy recipe I found on the internet (I don’t remember where). It is fast to prep and oh so good.
Quick Quiche
4 eggs
1 cup half and half
½ cup real mayonnaise
2 tablespoons flour
1/3 cup minced onions
Salt and garlic powder
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1 (9 inch) unbaked (frozen) pie shell
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Hand whip eggs, half and half, mayonnaise, and flour in a medium mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into an unbaked 9-inch, deep pie crust. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the top is golden brown. (I put mine on a cookie sheet to prevent a mess in case something spills)
It takes no time to make and just a bit to cook, but it is worth the wait. Happy Cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment