CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 27, 2009

You Up For a Challenge?

I have debated for a long time about doing this post and previously determined I didn't want the world (or the 3 of you who follow this blog) to know if I gave up!



On February 15th I decided that I need to be accountable for what I put into my mouth and to make sure I am exercising on a regular basis. I also needed to lose 27lbs! So I decided to claim the power of this verse:


"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

That has been me, afraid. I'm afraid of failing, I certainly haven't loved my body. Over the years I ate poorly, lacked proper exercise and even struggled with eating disorders. In August of 2004 I had gastric bypass surgery. I topped the scales at 253lbs on my surgery day. Over the course of the following 8 months I lost a total of 105lbs putting me at 148lbs. Then I became pregnant with J and then M. With my last one I have not just "magically" lost the baby weight like I did with L and J's pregnancies.

So I feel like it is time to be good to my body. For me that is going to look different than it does for the normal person. After weight loss surgery I have strict guidelines I have to follow. I need to avoid carbohydrates, milk products (not cheeses), among other things. The reason for this is that my digestive system does not tolerate them anymore. In order to help me abide by the rules I have decided to go with the Atkins plan - and no that doesn't mean just eating bacon! I have also begun working out everyday.

Anyway - Just wanted to see if anyone else wanted to join me in accountability for taking care of our bodies?

I began on Feb 15th by changing my diet.
I am weighing in every Sunday morning and a goal of losing 2lbs a week.

Feb 22 I weighed in and was -8lbs.
This week I did 20 minutes of cardio everyday.

I have a remaining goal of losing 19lbs.

Anyone else up for a challenge? Join me this Sunday with your start weights and your goals in hand! We can do it. Let's go 12 weeks! How much could you lose in 12 weeks!? Or if you don't have any weight to lose then - What changes can you make to improve your overall health?

3 comments:

shalana

8 pounds! That is outstanding! BTW, did you get my e-mail link from yesterday...really encouraging and applies to this post. If not I can resend.
I weigh every Sun. as well and am going for 1 pound week. I work out 5 times a day for an hour 9the bootcamp) and am wanting to add in more running and swimming 1-2 times a week. (I'm waiting on my orthotics before running too much more...should be in in a week.) I think i would be happy with 10-12 pounds total...so that should fit in great with a 12 week challenge. Count me in! I can't do low carb be/c it does not give me enough energy but it sure does have fast results! I'm tyring to limit processed foods and high sugar stuff...other than that, I'm not limiting much.

About Me

Shalana, you must mean 5x's a week for an hour. 5x's a day? What do your kids do? Have they burned your house down? I did get your email link. I need to read it. I'm excited you are joining me!

shalana

The kids are all asleep..I workout from 5:30-6:30am!! I hate getting up early but it doesn't happen otherwise!
I try to run here in the park one day on the weekend...usually in the morning while everyone is still hanging out and getting ready to go...9am or so...doesn't always happen.
Will be interesting to see how I can add in running in a few weeks in the afternoon...trying to train for the half-marathon. For now my plan is to go when Galen gets home 2-3 times/weekday and once on the weekend. We are about to have daylight savings so it should be a little more doable to do an evening run. No more gym membership so I can't take the kids with me....

Post a Comment