CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Day

Starting last year we began our tradition of dating the kids for Valentine's day. Hubby and my birthdays are both in February so we have enough celebrating together.
The kids were invited to "fancy dinner" - we had homemade mini-pizzas, they were allowed to drink out of glass cups and use adult plates. As we ate we started with the youngest and went through the family, each of us giving a reason why we loved the person whose turn it was. It was wonderful to watch L and J just beam while they listened to what a special and valued member of the family they are.
After we loved on each person in the family we all took turns talking about the Lord, and what we loved about him.


When dinner was over we danced our hearts out in the living room. Then we changed into pajamas, put on a new movie for the kids (Madagascar 2) and gave them each a box of candy hearts. I hope my children will remember these moments that I treasure when they are grown.
***As an added bonus Hubby rented us a movie and brought home a bottle of wine. So we watched Mama Mia! (Yipes - I am so not into girl movies - although I had said I wanted to see it). It was fun alone time and very thoughtful of my sweet husband***

1 comments:

Beth

That is such a sweet idea. I remember thinking that last year when you first wrote about it. Glad to see that you guys continued the tradition. It will definitely be one of those things that your kids will remember years from now!

Post a Comment