CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Oh What a Day

I wanted to share the "trauma" of my day. While folding laundry at the kitchen table M came over and decided he wanted to sit on a chair with me. He's still small and so grabbed across the chair to pull himself up. His hands slipped and he slammed his face into the side of the chair. I bent down to comfort him to find that he wass bleeding pretty heavily from his mouth. I could see his gum was already purple and mangled looking and there was so much blood I could not tell if his front tooth was knocked out or not. (It wasn't). Feeling nauseous and extremely overwhelmed I called my husband and asked him to come home. I brought M a cup of cool water to try to rinse his mouth so I could see the damage, and to help calm him down. He threw it at me and started crying, "Daddy home now. I want Daddy now." - I'm not going to lie, that broke my heart.

Finally Daddy came home (he works 2 miles down the street). M snuggles up with him on the couch and starts to calm down. At this time J says, "Mom there's a rock in my nose." No Way! I assure her its a hard boogie. She confirms - no its a rock. I look up there, sure enough I can barely see it. She's trying to snort it and I'm trying to tell her to breathe through her mouth. Eventually we rocketed that baby out.

What can I say - kids keep it interesting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment