CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

She spoke MY heart

Our car ride home tonight turned out to be an amazing time of conversation. My kids (well not little M he was half asleep) were asking all kinds of deep questions about God. It was exciting. Moments like these you can't force. We talked about how God loves us. How he sent His Son for our sins. How our sins were nailed to the cross with Jesus. How we get to spend forever with God. How our life's purpose is to glorify God and share His love with others.
L quoted scripture he learned at church that applied to the conversation (how cool he knows when to apply it).
And then a little voice comes from the back, soft, and concerned,
"Mommy?" J says. I look back and there are tears in her eyes.
"Mommy I believe in Jesus and I love Him, but sometimes... I just don't listen."
Wow.. the sincerity and truth of that statement. I live that. Daily.
I assured her, we are forgiven if we are truly sorry and ask to be forgiven. If we try to make the right choice the next time and try to avoid the same mistakes.
She smiled. Her heart was relieved. As is mine :)
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

0 comments:

Post a Comment