CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Early Schooling


Usually while L and J school I let M "read" books, color, help with chores, or play quietly.
Recently he began asking to do school too. Hesitant, I put it off for a while, but he
continued to press me. I didn't think he was ready for seat work. I tested the waters by letting him doodle at the table for a week or two during school time. After seeing he was really eager to sit and learn, I went and purchased a small work book for 3-5 year olds.
Today was our first day whipping it out and I was amazed:
1.) M can hold a pencil
2.) He can trace a line very well
3.) He CAN follow directions
4.) He CAN sit still (really he can!)
5.) He loved it!
Looks like schooling around here has just become more fun!

4 comments:

Unknown

That's awesome!! How old is he?

Angelina

He just turned 3 in August.

Unknown

Mine are 2 1/2 now, any pointers on how I can work with them now? Just at least learning their numbers, ABC's & colors?

Angelina

Talking to them constantly seems to be the best way for my children to learn young. We talk about letters on boxes, signs, books. I ask "what does a W say?". We count everything. Steps on sidewalk, spoons in the dishwasher, place settings.. everything! You while coloring ask them to hand you a certain color crayon, or paper. Keep it simple and fun! They learn from you :)

Post a Comment