CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2


{Our Little Manger}

Christmas decor is almost done. We have inside lights, stockings hung, manger out, garlands strung, but no tree yet. Colorado is a dry dry state, so we are holding off a little - we don't end up with a tree that bursts into flames on Christmas morning. Tomorrow we are doing the outside lights and hanging Christmas cards around the inside of the house.

My mom started my favorite tradition (you can see a little in the pictures here) - EVERY SINGLE card I recieve is dated on the back, attached to ribbon and hung around the ceiling of the house. I remember my mom's would go through every room in the downstairs and up the stairwell. So cool. Right now my measly collection will probably only fill my great room when hung.. but I look forward to the days when I will fill the house with the loving thoughts of family and friends from years past :)

1 comments:

challmeyeralways

I love the idea of Christmas card garland! I do it each year with the new ones, but I always toss them when I take down the decorations. The only cards that I keep are the ones with photos or personal touches. I am going to try to implement this from now on :-) But, I will probably end up tweaking it to fit us, like I do everything else :-)
Something I am trying this year... a mini tree in each bedroom... the kids always have some precious ornament or something that just wont fit on the living room Christmas tree... this year, they can decorate their own tree. I hope that as they grow, their trees will to, so when they have their first Christmas in their own home, it is full of memories instead of "out of a box" like mine was :-)

Post a Comment