CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Bible Memorization : Verse 1 of 52

Unfortunately I randomly choose times to memorize Bible verses. I want to have God's word hidden in my heart. So, I am going to make a point of memorizing a new verse every week. I will post the verse in the sidebar. How cool will it be to have a new 52 passages of scripture memorized by this time next year?

How I memorize scripture: I write the verse down on 2 or 3 index cards. I keep one with me, one on the refrigerator and one on my bathroom mirror. Each time I pass one of the posted index cards I recite the verse. And as often as the thought comes to mind I recite it and check it against the card in my pocket or purse. I'm sure everyone has their own special way, but this is what works for me.

This weeks:

1 Peter 3:4-6
"Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear"

1 comments:

Brooke

wow that's a beautiful verse!! i love how you memorize. i wouldn't have thought to do it that way...great tip!

Post a Comment