CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Week Four : On the Record & Why I am the Biggest LOSER!

Well today the scale said that I was down 1lb.

That is 9lbs lost since I started and 0lbs lost since the beginning of this challenge. I must say that I am pretty irritated this week. I busted my hiney. I ate right, did cardio 6 days, did strength training 6 days this week, drank a minimum of 64oz of water everyday and took my vitamins. All week long the scale said I lost 2.5lbs, but today when I stepped on it it said I was only down 1lb. I think I officially hate my scale. On the plus side I have dropped a pants size, and shirt size, and when I bought workout pants at Target yesterday they were MEDIUM (for me that is the smallest size I've ever been able to buy in my life). So overall I think I'm okay with my progress I just wished the numbers lined up with the rest of me.


Now for why I'm the biggest loser. Yesterday I wanted to go the gym with the family. It ended up that naps didn't work out and hubby said I could go on my own. I was really self-conscious. I have been getting up and going to the gym on base at 5:30 AM M,W,F by myself.. but not to the busy Y on Saturdays. Hubby told me not to be self-conscious and that I could do it.

I decided to go, so I grabbed a T-shirt of hubby's, a pair of pants and put my jacket on. I hadn't been able to find my sports bra so I wore a regular old bra (picture grandma style) and thought, no big deal.. no one will ever know. My clothes have been falling down as I have been jogging because they aren't the right size anymore (a plus but also annoying and adds to my anxieties about working out in public). I get the the gym and stretch, get on the treadmill and run, go downstairs ask for a towel, come back and work out my upper body and then go change into my bathing suit and sit in the sauna. The entire time I was working out I felt like everyone was staring at me. I kept reassuring myself that I was feeling like that because I was alone and that no one was looking at me. Then when I got out of the sauna and changed back into my clothes I held up the shirt I had borrowed from hubby to put it on and saw that there was a huge rip in it. The rip went from one shoulder to the middle of my back and down, leaving a giant flap hanging down, exposing my bra and back. I was so embarrassed! I guess that explains the draftiness I credited to my clothes being too big :(. Moral of the story.. just because I was paranoid didn't mean they weren't staring.

1 comments:

Freakaflutter

I have always heard that the scale is not the best inicator of your progress but to gage it by the way your clothes are fitting and how you are feeling! I think you are doing awesome! love you bunches!

Post a Comment