CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 30, 2008

My Needs Are Always Met



Lately I have been going through some things that have made me feel downright icky about myself. I opened my bible to do my devotion just now and God met me there. It had been pressing on my heart just to open his word and I put it off for a few hours. I cleaned the house, did some dishes, took the kids to the park, all with the nagging feeling that I desperately NEEDED to get into the Word of God. Why did I put it off? I don't know… ? I guess I just don't like being blessed :P. Anyway, I know that not everyone would open up the same page in their bible and have God use the same verses to speak the same thing to them, but just maybe you could use this today too.


"My enemies say of me in malice,

'When will he die and his name perish?'

Whenever one comes to see me,


he speaks falsely, while his heart gathers slander;


then he goes out and spreads it abroad.


All my enemies whisper together against me;


they imagine the worst for me, saying,


'A vile disease has beset him;


he will never get up from the place where he lies.'


Even my close friend, whom I trusted,


he who shared my bread,


has lifted up his heel against me."


Psalm 41:5-9




---WOW—The devotional part of my bible says this:


Most of us at one time or another have felt like everyone is against us—like there is no one we can trust. It's a terrible feeling to sense that the people around us are two-faced, talking behind our backs, wishing the worst for us. The ultimate hurt is to be betrayed by someone we consider a true friend. In describing this painful experience in his life, David foreshadows what Jesus Christ will endure: slander and malice from enemies, betrayal by close friends (Jn 13:18-38). Like David, Jesus is deeply troubled and hurt by this, yet the Lord's gracious forgiveness extends even to those who betray him unto death. (Lk 23:33-34).


I was convicted and comforted at the same time. Especially since the rest of the chapter's verses are as follows:


"But you, O Lord, have mercy on me;


raise me up, that I may repay them.


I know that you are pleased with me,


for my enemy does not triumph over me.


In my integrity you uphold me


and set me in your presence forever.


Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel,


from everlasting to everlasting.


Amen and Amen.


Psalm 41:10-13


--God is so loving to meet my needs and speak straight to my issues!!!! Is he asking you to open your Bible so he can speak to you today? I hope so, it might change your entire outlook!


Be blessed.

1 comments:

shalana

Thanks for the encouragement! Miss you friend!

Post a Comment