CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Lost?



Do you ever feel lost? Maybe distant from God and unsure of why or what is causing it? I have found that those are the times that God is really trying to get through to me about something that I am either missing or purposefully ignoring and I find myself asking, how did I get here? How did I get myself lost (well, at least feeling that way) again?

Here is the answer God has given me.

I at times can get caught up in the greatness of what God has done and not what God is doing. What I mean is that I will live off a spiritual connection that I may have experienced a week ago or month ago or even just a day ago, and not be seeking God diligently in the moment by moment activities of everyday life. Have you ever done that? Have you ever felt content because of something that happened and allowed it to carry you for awhile? That is a dangerous place to be, at least for me. Satan wants me to feel content and be stagnant. If I am running my spiritual tank on the fumes of times past then I am eventually going to poop out and usually in the middle of situation where I feel lost because I have not sought direction from the Lord.


The bible says:


God will direct us


"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8


We don't have to feel lost because God has a plan


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11


But we have to choose to follow God to know his will


"If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own." John 7:17


Here is your hope for today.


"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13


You don't have to feel lost!





1 comments:

shalana

Totally convicting. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment