CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

As Their Mother…



I have been given a great gift and an even greater duty!


"Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him." Psalm 127:3


I am so thankful for the wonderful gift that my children are, but what is my responsibility to them?


"For I have chosen [you], so that [you] will direct [your] children and [your] household after [you] to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just.." Gen 18:19


How can I best take care of the rewards God has given me?


"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deut 6:5-9


What can I do to ensure that I am equipped to teach them and guide them in the ways of the Lord?


"My heart says of you, 'Seek his face!' Your face, LORD, I will seek." Psalm 27:8


"I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me." Proverbs 8:17

0 comments:

Post a Comment