CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tis the Season

For baking! At least it is for me. I do some but not much baking in the spring and summer (in a state where homes are built with no AC I get too hot with the oven on). Fall ushers in all the excitement of being at home. I love to be cozied up with the kiddos (when they are not sick :P) in the house playing games, baking, and snuggling. (When they are sick I feel more trapped in the house than I do excited to be here - bad mom I know!)


My friend Jenn introduced me to The Joy of Cooking. I have a vintage copy that has become my cooking/baking bible!
Quick Oatmeal Cookies
Sift and place in a bowl:

1/2 cup brown sugar

Sift and add:
1 cup all purpose flour

Add:
6 tablespoons soft butter
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 beaten egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tspn cinnamon
Once well blended add:
2 Tabelspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Chill the dough until easy to handle. Then rolled into 1" balls and flatten in the palm of your hand. Place on lightly greased and floured tin. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment