CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Changing Seasons

Tomorrow my baby turns 1. This is something that is so very bittersweet for me. I am so incredibly blessed to have been given 1 full year of love, laughter, crying, frustration, laughter (I said that already I know), snuggling and playing. The first year goes by so fast doesn't it? It seems like no matter how hard I try to slow time down to fully enjoy every second of it, time slips away in the blink of an eye. This has been the most interesting first year of all three of my children's lives. First the Post Partum depression really affected my ability to enjoy my older two children during the first few months before my diagnosis. Then my husband decided that it was time for our family to be complete and had a vasectomy. I was extremely opposed to his decision and had to constantly take this to God. God made it clear to me that he is sovereign and that he guides Jeff for the best our family regardless of my feelings. That gave me peace and now brings me to the end of this season of life, baby season.

It is hard to believe I will never carry another baby in my belly, nurse, bathe or simply just smell my own newborn again. If I dwell on it too long I could become disappointed, but rather now is the time to celebrate the beginning of a new chapter for our family. We are moving forward into a life not tied down with napping and nursing schedules, that can include more time going on adventures (whether they be family walks or vacations), that we can all participate in. Already all of the kids can play together nicely (for the most part) and as they become less and less dependent on me I am going to have to find satisfaction in their new independent accomplishments.


Now it is time to fully embrace the new season of life that I am in, child training season.


"Train up a child in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it."
~ Proverbs 22:6

"Fathers do not provoke your children to wrath,
but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
~Ephesians 6:4

2 comments:

Angel

Why is it so hard for us as mothers to embrace the pattern God made, that all children MUST grow up? I'm in the same struggle, dragging my feet against Peter's decision for a vasectomy, hoping for even one more chance of a new baby to snugggle...

shalana

Happy Birthday, Marcus!

Post a Comment