CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 8, 2008

4 Years Ago

On August 6, 2004 I had gastric bypass surgery. For those of you who do not know what that is, I had my stomach cut down to the size of an egg. I was cut from breastbone to belly button, the surgery took approximately 45 mins to perform, and about 2 weeks to recover.

The day I went in I weighed 253lbs.

Today I weigh.. yes I will tell you.. 160lbs.

At my lowest I have was down to 148, but since Marcus I have a few pounds to lose. I have to say that this was the BEST decision that I could have made for myself. If you have ever struggled with morbid obesity you would understand how life changing this is. I am grateful to God for the amazing results I have had.

Am I perfect? No. Am I at my ideal weight? No. Do I like the way I look naked? No. But I can go out in public and feel normal. To be normal is something I try very hard not to take for granted. If you have any questions ask away.

2 comments:

Anonymous

I am so amazed by your ability and many good qualities you achieved as Woman.
Hope your Husband counts his blessings daily having you near and strives to do the same as you have. May God’s blessings be upon you and your Family? Maintain this sprit and good work, This World needs lot more Women just like you.

shalana

Hey beautiful Mama! Thanks for sharing your journey. Congrats on the 4-yr. mark. You should have mentioned it when you were here! I know that not everyone does so well after surgery and it has taken alot of discipline to be where you are at (especially when you throw in a few pregnancies after surgery). So proud of you!

Post a Comment