CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I’m Married to A College Grad!








… and I am so proud. That's right. My handsome husband graduated college this past Saturday with a bachelor's in Political Science. The poor guy still has to finish up his last two classes, but he walked early. He has a brain that I envy and has helped him to accomplish so much. What a feat to graduate with honors, work a full-time job, and take care of a wife and three kiddos.

He motivates me to put my heart into what I do. Thanks to his great work ethic and natural smarts we have decided to remain in the Air Force and try to go officer. He exceeds the requirements, so the only real thing that could stand in his way is the field in which he received his degree. So please keep that in your prayers as he will be submitting his package at the end of the year.



Okay enough boasting about my brilliant man. All of that is to say that this is the reason I have not been blogging (or contacting friends who just had babies – bad me!!). Last Wednesday his family began to trickle in and by Friday night we had 9 guests - all in from out of state - for his graduation. It was a really great time. I have to admit that entertaining that many people in a very small base house was quite the challenge. Thankfully no one slept here, so I was able to tidy back up before they arrived again the next morning. Jeff's older sister and her family came in and her son is just a doll. He is four months older than Marcus and I was happy to get a chance to love on him. It breaks my heart that my nephews live in different states.



The whole crew left around noon on Mother's day and I dang near dropped instantly from exhaustion… I'm such a wimp! Then my Jay-ball got sick. My poor thing started running a really high fever for 24 hours (like around 103 consistently) and by Tuesday afternoon I rushed her off to the ER when it spiked to 104.5. We sat in the waiting room for 3 hours and then waited another hour in our glorious ER trauma room – boo – just to get two rectal temps and be told they could find nothing wrong and send us home. Yesterday she was fine and is great again this morning. So apparently she was spiking a fever just to give me an ulcer.. ha ha.



Well, that is the happenings of my life in recent days. I really did miss blogging, it is such an outlet for me. Looking forward to the HOT weather predicted for the weekend. Going to BBQ at a friend's house and at home and play out. As always, the Lord is good. Be blessed.

1 comments:

Maria

Wow! What a huge accomplishment! You Just wait until he is done with those last two classes.... its like being married to a different person. Its so hard when they have that constant weight of homework that needs to be done. My husband did school and work full time as well. It is such a relief to be done! Congrats!

Post a Comment