CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 23, 2011

An Anniversary

Today is anniversary that I wish I could forget.  But I know that God's goodness will prevail.  It is 2 months since I held my beautiful little boy in my hands.  Since I cried that cry I never want to cry again.  Yet I sit here in tears. The snotty tears, the kind that begin in my gut and and cause my whole body to tighten up with pain.  I know God is good.  I know God is faithful, but it hurts. 

My sweet little ones feet were not nearly as big as these.  They were but a fraction of an inch.  They were still translucent and a soft.  I got to touch them.  I got to count the toes. I got see his ribs and hold him.  I should have held him longer.  I should have kissed him.  But I didn't and I will live with that regret for the rest of my life.

Today I am broken.  I didn't expect it to hit me so hard.  I didn't expect to cry so hard I can't breathe.  So many women I know are pregnant and due around the same time I was and it tortures my soul.  I am not saying I don't trust God - PLEASE don't be mistaken.  I am just saying that I need prayer today.  Thank you. 

*As I finished typing this my daughter came to the top of the stairs and looked down at me. "Are you crying?"  I couldn't answer.  She ran to me.  Threw her arms around me and held me. "We can pray God gives us a new baby mommy. It's okay." Her sweet little hands touch my face and brush my hair. "It's okay mommy. We will pray to God for a new baby.  And if He doesn't give us one right now we will pray again.  It's okay."  She holds me he her little arms.  I am blessed.

2 comments:

Maria

I will pray for you today. I cannot tell you how many times my daughter has found me in tears for a very similar reason. It is amazing how uplifting the words of a little one are. They have so much faith. It is just incredible. And isn't it just wonderful that as we mourn the loss of what we don't have... we are sweetly reminded of the wonder of those we do.

Brooke

Praying for you friend. Love you.

Post a Comment