CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bored - Time to Work Out



Meet my new sweetie! I love her. I'm gonna name her Hot Bunz ;). When those cold winter days get lonely while hubs is away, and since I live a quadrillion miles from civilization - I have a way to burn up some energy.

Truth be told I never thought I would be the type of person who looked forward to working out. As I've mentioned before in 2004 I had gastric bypass surgery. I weighed in at 253 lbs the day of surgery. I was lethargic and depressed and had tried many other unsuccessful ways to lose weight. For me this was the solution - and it radically changed my life. I decision I never regret.

Initially I lost 100lbs. Then I had two more kids and popped back up to 165-170 where I stayed for nearly three years. Last year after looking at some pictures of myself on Valentine's day I determined that I needed to lose some weight and MORE importantly take care of my body and not abuse this second chance for a healthy life. So I started dieting and got down to 161, but felt disappointed. Being obese, losing over 100lbs and having 3 kids had taken a toll on my skin. No matter what I wasn't going to be able to do anything about my extra skin on my belly (and it was a lot!)

So... last April I had a tummy tuck (and I had a couple other parts put back where they go). I was so excited to feel NORMAL. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else. But I had lost weight to feel normal and be healthy and while I was healthier I still didn't feel normal. My result, a flat tummy - BUT THE SAME PANT SIZE!!! I was so frustrated. I thought having my belly tightened would have made it so I lost weight and had smaller pants but nope!

So after waiting 6 months for the majority of my swelling to go down and only going down one pants size I decided I needed to step up and change somethings. This also coincided with Jeff's going to OTS. I became a woman possessed. Partly because I needed to burn off steam and have some me time (since I had the kids around the clock with no hubby), and also because I had a deadline and I wanted to lose 20lbs in 3 months. I wanted to knock Jeff's socks off when he saw me again after 3 months.

So I changed my eating. Lots of protein, water, not too many carbs, lots of veggies and room for mistakes :). I started exercising everyday. Starting with huffing and puffing a 1/4 mile up to 2 miles a day EVERY DAY! Me 2 miles a day - wow! I felt great and by the time I went to see Jeff I was down to 146 (-15lbs) and went from a size 14 to a size 8. Who knew 15lbs would make that big of a difference? I think it was just a totally reshaping and I built muscle too.

I loved working out for two reasons. One - it made me feel great physically and two - it restored me spiritually. On my runs I would listen to Christian pod casts by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I have to say it was the best I felt EVER!! Since moving here I haven't worked out in 6 weeks and I miss it.

So back to the beginning. My new buddy Hot Bunz. I am so excited to have her and so surprised by that at the same time. I hope she helps me continue on my new healthy lifestyle and that she helps me stay physically and spiritually well. :)

3 comments:

myreal.everyday.life

Hurray for you!! That's so awesome! I bet you're smokin' hot!!

I need to get motivated to get in shape, 'specially since I'll get to see the beach for the first time ever this summer!!

HEATHER & DEAN JENSEN

i really liked this post i dont know why but it just spoke to me if that makes sence.
oh and ps. you might be sharing hot bunz with me ha ha
love you

shalana

So proud of you...you worked hard for it! I know you and "hot Bunz" will have a great relationship...well maybe love/hate but nonetheless! Good luck, friend!

Post a Comment