CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 1, 2008

A Time For Change

With the New Year in full swing I have decided that it is time to reprioritize my life. Over the last year I have found that I have let my walk with the Lord slip, and it is time to step it up. I have really been thinking about my family and the legacy that I want to leave. I want to make a difference for Christ in this world and the first place to start is with my children and my home.

My PPD was pretty serious, but I am feeling better now. Back to my normal self (still taking medication for about a month before I go to the doctor to reevaluate things). I came across a verse the other day during my devotion that summed up my depression perfectly.

“Save me, O God, for the floodwaters are up to my neck.
Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire; I can’t find a foothold to stand on.
I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me.
I am exhausted from crying for help; my throat is parched and dry.
My eyes are swollen with weeping, waiting for my God to help me.
But I keep right on praying to you, Lord, hoping this is the time you will show me favor.”
Psalm 69: 1-3, 13 NLT

So as I mentioned my new focus is a shift in priorities. Recently my priorities gradually shifted to
1. Myself/Hubby
2. My kids
3. My home
4. God.
I also became a very discontent person. I found that I was trying to meet the needs of my husband and children my own way, and taking care of my home grudgingly – angered by the constant work to be accomplished.

Lately I have been trying to focus on scripture and encouragement to help me reprioritize. My new focus is going to be
1. GOD: (above all else) There is no way that I can accomplish anything without setting aside the time to make him FIRST

“Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust Him and He will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”
Psalm 37:4-6

So this has become my prayer

Lord, keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law. Help me choose the way of truth; and set my heart on your laws. Help me to hold fast to your instructions, O Lord; do not let me be put to shame. I need your help to run in the path of your commands, for only you can set my heart free.
(From Psalm 119:29-32)
2. My Husband
3. My Children
4. My Home
5. My Self
6. My Service

I plan to post more on scriptures regarding my other commitments, but my aim first and foremost has been relocating God to priority numero uno!

0 comments:

Post a Comment