CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 15, 2008

The BEST Night of my Life

At MOPs a mom talked about her Valentine's date with her kids. So I tried her idea and it was the best night of my life. In the mail I put an invitation for L and one for J that read, "You are invited to a Valentine's day dinner and dance with Mommy and Daddy. Dress Fancy! We love you!" The kids loved it and they must have used the word fancy one hundred times. So we all dressed up in our fanciest clothes :).


Then I set the fancy table. I put down a red table cloth and glasses and dishes. Our dinner was not fancy, but something the kids would like, hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls (if that's fancy we are definitely trailer park material).
Do you see my fancy paper towel napkins? Ha ha. After dinner we danced. The first dance was to Cinderella by Michael W. Smith. It was so fun! Then we put on some faster music and were being total goofballs. At one point L said, "We are being a dorky family". After our night of dancing we put sleeping bags on the floor for the kids and popped popcorn and watched Monsters Inc.
When it was time for Hubby and I to turn in for the night I must admit that I snuggled up to him and cried. My babies are just growing up too fast and my heart hurts to think about it. We agreed that this would be our Valentine's Day tradition for as long as the kids allow. I can't wait for next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment