CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kitchen Helpers

I love to have my children with me in the kitchen (well pretty much everywhere.. I'm weird like that). The kitchen especially though. I feel like we talk so much, and they learn so much. As long as their intentions are good, the messes don't bother me. I love to watch them feel empowered as they accomplish something. It is one of the coolest feelings to see them growing before your eyes.

Many times in the past I would say No to requests to help out. I felt like I was in a hurry or couldn't find anything child friendly for them to do. But a friend reminded me, I'm in no hurry. I am home with these little people all day long, everyday. Why not let them help?

Best advice ever. It is quality bonding time. Not just with me but with each other. Friday night was Pizza night - and we decided to bake cookies. I hung out and supervised, they did the rest! And we ALL had fun!

The Cookies:


Teamwork
The Pizza:
Look at the concentration in that face :)
This is the good stuff in life people!

1 comments:

Anonymous

Oh, I love this. Yes, what great advice. For whatever reason, I always feel like I'm in a hurry when working in the kitchen and always wanting to avoid the messes, rather than let them help. I need to work on that..
We've got some banana bread to bake up, so there's my opportunity. :)
PS> Your wee ones are getting so big! Love the pictures. :)

Post a Comment