CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Self Check

By: Nancy Leigh DeMoss

I find it easy to rush right through a day without taking time to evaluate whether I’m doing the right things from the right motives. Sometimes I need to stop and examine my life.
The Puritan writer, John Fletcher, used a series of questions to examine his heart.

• Do I have pride?
• Am I dead to all desire for praise?
• Do I have the presence of God in my life?
• Am I free from the fear of man?
• Do I embrace the cross in every way it presents itself to me?

It's important to take some time on a regular basis to stop and take stock and place our lives under God's divine searchlight.

• Am I willing to give up my ease and my convenience to minister to others?
• Am I ready to give up a point when I am contradicted?
• Am I content with whatever is or may be, feeling that God, the Author of all events, does and will do all for my good?

0 comments:

Post a Comment