CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grace and Giving



Our Pastor asked our church to read the book, The Treasure Principle this week. It is truly a powerful book, but one line has stuck out to me above all others thus far:

"As thunder follows lightening, giving follows grace. When God's grace touches you, you can't help but respond with generous giving. ... giving is simply the overflow of joy."

I have experienced this truth in recent months. The more I become aware of the magnitude of God's grace the more I have an overwhelming NEED to give. Not only of finances, but of time, resources, and services - out of the abundant joy of experiencing God's grace and being able to truly appreciate it. What an amazing God we serve! He gives His grace so freely! I pray that I can accept it as I should and respond to it the way He desires.

0 comments:

Post a Comment