CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Caramel Apples

Here is how to occupy sick kids for a while - or not so sick kids... we have just had a nasty cold.
What you'll need:
Caramels
5 or 6 green apples
Butter
Wax Paper
Milk
Topping of Your Choice (Rainbow Sprinkles for Us)
You'll also need some eager and hard working kids to peel all those caramels and put them in a pot.
While they are peeling twist the stems off and shove the sticks in (oh ya - so I guess you need sticks too).
Be on the look out for snotty toddlers who eat caramel's and drool them everywhere while siblings are diligently working.
Heat them up on medium low heat.
Add 2 Tablespoons of milk and melt them till creamy

After pumping hand sanitizer into their sick little hands, have them hold naked sticks of butter and rub down the wax paper. This helps the caramel apples not to stick, keeps kids occupied, and causes lots of whining over goopy hands.

Only.. I repeat.. only mom can do the fun part! Dip, roll and then set on wax paper.

Pour sprinkles into a bowl and convince children not to eat them but to put them on the apples.

Hire a clean up crew!

P.S. Don't share with your friends if you are contagious.. just make the sacrifice of love and eat them all yourselves.

5 comments:

shalana

Looks like the kids had fun! I know mine would love this project! Can you believe I have never made these? I'm not sure how many caramels would actually make it into the pot...I think my j would be the only one to actually not eat every single one while unwrapping!
Miss you guys. Hope everyone is feeling better.

challmeyeralways

How fun! I was a little grossed out by the thought of sickies getting all over the apples, but since you are the ones eating them anyway.... I feel better now :-) You take wonderful pictures. Do you edit all of them?

challmeyeralways

How fun! I was a little grossed out by the thought of sickies getting all over the apples, but since you are the ones eating them anyway.... I feel better now :-) You take wonderful pictures. Do you edit all of them?

Angel

how many caramels do you need?

Angelina

The entire bag :)

Post a Comment