CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 26, 2009

California Living

We have been in California for a month now. Jeff has been gone for nearly 2 weeks. The kids and I miss him terribly but are trying to stay busy and beat the heat. To pass our time we are homeschooling in the mornings and then either swimming in the pool or going to the park in the afternoons. We've done some church shopping, and signed L up for AWANAS to help him meet some kids and make some friends.

Although we are at my parents house - I am lonely. Both of my parents work so the kids and I are on our own most of the time which is nice for everyone I think. It lets us keep a somewhat normal routine. One thing that has come of the temporary separation and the demands of single-parenting - I realized how totally dependant on the Lord I am.

I don't do well with change and in the last month we have had a lot of that! God has revealed himself to me so much in my quiet times and my prayer time. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He does not change and that is a huge comfort.

Here are some pictures from last week when we started kindergarten. L's first day of school.





1 comments:

challmeyeralways

I love your posts! Your pictures are wonderful and you are always so encouraging.... even when it is you who needs the encouragement... I am still praying for you guys to get settled and figure out your "place" and how to work it all out. I love you lady... Let me know if you ever fell like taking a trip for the weekend... (or wait, we are both homeschool moms, it could be during the week too... :-)) We have the bed space.. :-D

Post a Comment